Woman rescued from ‘serious’ kitchen fire in Bilborough Read

15784449-large

A woman was rescued from a house and taken to hospital after a severe fire broke out in the kitchen.

Firefighters were called to a report of a house fire at a property in Melford Road in Bilborough.

Two crews, from Stockhill in Basford and Highfields in Beeston attended the incident at around 4.10pm on Saturday. They spent around an hour tackling the flames.

melford4a

Firefighters at the scene. Pictures courtesy of Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service

The kitchen was severely damaged during the incident.

Dan Quinn, area manager for Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service, responsible for service delivery, tweeted pictures of the damage and warned people never to leave cooking unattended, and to make sure they turn their hob off when not in use.

A spokesman for the service said: “We were called to Melford Road at 4.11pm on Saturday, to a report of a house fire.

“Two crews from Stockhill and Highfields attended. A female casualty was rescued by the service before being passed into the care of East Midlands Ambulance Service.”

The Post has contacted the ambulance service for further details.

melford3a